BY: JESSICA BEUKER
The tiny house movement is characterized by the desire to live with fewer material items and less space, in order to make room for what really matters – friends and family, experiences, good health – and have freedom from the ties that are associated with a capitalist society, including high mortgages and bills.
It’s a movement that has been gaining followers for quite some time now, and it’s easy to see why. Apart from the obvious long-term advantages of tiny house living, many of the homes themselves are truly spectacular. Here are 10 inspiring tiny homes.
1. Best feature: It comes ready-made, eliminating the hassle of building or setup.
2. Best feature: Can be easily relocated, giving you the freedom to take it anywhere in the world.
3. Best feature: Expands and contracts with the press of a button to allow for taking on the road.
Photos: Tiny Idahomes
4. Best feature: The beautiful rooftop deck.
Photos: Backcountry Tiny Homes
5. Best feature: The mini rock climbing wall inside the house.
Photos: Wishbone Tiny Homes
6. Best feature: Comes with a solar kit that allows the owner to live off-grid.
Photos: Zyl Vardos
7. Best feature: The home rotates, providing maximum sunlight exposure year-round.
Photos: PATH Architecture
8. Best feature: The fold-out wooden deck; perfect for soaking up the sun and enjoying the views.
9. Best feature: The slanted roof doubles as a ski ramp in the winter.
10. Best feature: The eco-friendly house is wrapped in living, lush greenery.
Photos: Cory Lum/Civil Beat